Bring Simplicity and Style to the Office with These Black and White Staples from Patty Ang x AVA
By: Bea Osmeña
“Black has it all. White too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony.” —Coco Chanel
There may be colors for a season, and even colors for the year, but nothing will ever stand the true test of time as stark black and crisp white. Patty Ang designed for AVA a stunning collection of styles that reflect her signature aesthetic – bold cuts and polished execution for a powerful impact. Like black and white, her designs transcend passing fads for classic pieces that you can keep wearing over and over again.
Here are our top 5 black and white staples from Patty Ang’s collection:
- JORDANA. This elegant style cinches at the waist to subtly emphasize the feminine figure. Match it with a pair of bootleg cut blue jeans, a blazer and heels for that coveted smart casual look.
- GRACE. A sweet design that looks right out of Mad Men! You can commit to the 60’s look with a red pencil or A-line skirt, pumps and lipstick.
- ERIKA. The perfect LBD for when you just don’t want to think about it. Just throw it on with a pair of sling-backs and you’re ready to conquer anything.
- CLARA. This creative asymmetrical cut goes perfectly with high-waist slacks and a pair of peep-toes to elongate your figure.
- MIKAELA. Wear the Mikaela like armor. It speaks volumes of its wearer’s confidence with its graceful draping that can easily transition from work to play.
Of course, these are all just styling suggestions, but have fun with it! After all, the best part about black and white is that they match everything. Make each piece your own by adding your own flair to how you style it. Another thing we love about these pieces is they are neither overpowering nor understated. The perfect balance that they fall in allows the looks to adapt to the wearer, so you can stand out and shine through.