Take the Runway to the Real World with these Top Trends from #LFW
Photo credits: weareempire.co.uk
By: Gabrielle Reyes
Quirkier and more adventurous than her sisters from New York and Milan, London Fashion Week was an absolute standout during the much anticipated fashion month. The social media world is bursting with photos and videos of LFW’s one-of-a-kind shows, proving yet again that when it comes to being in the know of the trends, London is the place to be.
It may seem intimidating at first, but trust us when we say that taking the runway to the real world is perfectly easy. Simply take your favorite looks and pick out the trends you like most, whether it be certain patterns, cuts, or colors. We put together a list of our favorite trends spotted at LFW and how you can cop them easily on AVA.
1. Billowy: As the strong wind in London blew, so did the silhouettes of London’s most fashionable. Whether it’s crisp cotton or soft chiffon, pair your ruffled pieces with structured ones, keeping things polished and clean.
2. Manly, but not really: The crisp button down will always have a special place in our closets, but LFW chose to add a fresh, feminine take on it. Frankly, we’re not complaining.
3. Military chic: The military trend seems to be one that transcends time. Wear your khakis with softer fabrics to keep the look nice and feminine rather than strong and androgynous –unless that’s the look you’re going for.
4. Sleeves with volume: statement sleeves seem to be all the rage in London, and we can see why. Puffy sleeves lend a strong, substantial look to an otherwise plain outfit while still remaining comfortable and wearable.
5. Shoulders: The decollete and shoulders remain the body part du jour as this year’s runways showcased a myriad of bardot and cold-shoulder looks. We love how the trend is both sexy, yet appropriate. Show just the right amount of skin by wearing it with lengthier bottoms.